VDR developer version 1.7.41 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
Approaching version 2.0.0:
If there are no more serious bug reports, the final version 2.0.0 of VDR
shall be released on March 31, 2013.
So please test this developer version intensely and report any problems
you might encounter as soon as possible.
The following language files still have the given number of untranslated texts:
If nobody takes care of these, they will remain untranslated in version 2.0.0.
The changes since version 1.7.40:
- Updated the Hungarian OSD texts (thanks to István Füley).
- Updated the Russian OSD texts (thanks to Oleg Roitburd).
- Updated the Polish OSD texts (thanks to Marek Nazarko).
- Fixed using PATH_MAX and NAME_MAX (+/-1 because the first one includes the
terminating 0, while the latter doesn't).
- The 'plugins' target of the VDR Makefile now also copies files matching the
"lib$$i-*.so" (previously only "libvdr-*.so") and also descends into
of the plugin source.
- The parameters PATH and NAME to the --dirnames command line option may now be
empty to use the default values if only ENC shall be set (thanks to Helmut
some improvements to this change).
- Fixed a possible "Channel not available" if a recording starts on a system
bonded devices (thanks to Siegfried Bosch).
- Fixed stopping an ongoing recording on a system with bonded devices, if a
a higher priority requires a different band.
- Updated the introductory text of the vdr.1 man page.
- Added a note to the INSTALL file regarding multiple disk setup becoming
in a future version of VDR.
- When switching to a less privileged user id, VDR now sets the environment
HOME, USER, LOGNAME and SHELL accordingly (thanks to Manuel Reimer).
- Updated the help and man page entry about the location of the epg.data file
to Ville Skyttä).
- Fixed creating a new VPS timer with the SVDRP command NEWT (thanks to Johann
vdr mailing list