On 08.04.2013 10:36, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Am I getting this right? cDvbHdFfDevice::ScaleVideo() apparently sets the
> video window in units of 1/1000 of the OSD width and height, respectively.
> Since this resolution is less than the possible acual OSD width or height,
> the rectangle actually used in this function might be different from the
> one given in the Rect parameter. While this is, of course, allowed,
> shouldn't
> the same calculations also be done in cDvbHdFfDevice::CanScaleVideo(),
> to return
> the correct rectangle to the skin?

I think if the actual cDvbHdFfDevice::CanScaleVideo implementation would
have really calculated something, it should have only converted
internally to whatever needed (1/1000 in this case), and back to Osd
pixel dimensions before returning the value. Since it doesn't (as it
just returns the input rectangle, possibly because the device "is" able
to handle any size within the limits, maybe nothing should be changed.
Or maybe checking against the limits could be done, changed the size to
a reasonable default (like Null for full size) and log an error if the
input size wasn't within the Osd limits.
Udo's variant looks well, but for all this maybe Andreas Regel should
also be consulted. Btw, I sent him a PM on vdr-portal.de, he did not
react so far.

Regards,
Lucian