I would use the same xbmc softhddevice time . It works with the command:
svdrsend PLUG softhdevice ATTA
But I have a problem with the sound output. Softhddevice only supports ALSA therefore no possibility of using PULSEAUDIO .
I would like to share my SPDIF between XBMC and Softhddevice .

I run vdr with the following command line :

vdr -P'sofhddevice -v vdpau -v -a plughw : 0,1 '

My .asoundrc file :
pcm.dmixer {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 2048
  slave {
    pcm "hw:0,1" # Always use pure hw. dmix will reformat/resample audio.
period_size 512 # If you get stuttering/or non-working audio, fiddle around with these
    buffer_size 4096
    rate 48000 # HDMI, I'll assume 48kHz
    format S16_LE # Should be default for pretty much any soundcard.
  }
  bindings {
    0 0
    1 1
  }
}

pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm dmixer
}

My aplay -l output :
**** Liste des Périphériques Matériels PLAYBACK ****
carte 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], périphérique 0: ALC1200 Analog [ALC1200 Analog]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0
carte 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], périphérique 1: ALC1200 Digital [ALC1200 Digital]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0
carte 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], périphérique 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0

The options are tested:

XBMC SPDIF solfthddevice with -a plughw : 0.1 => XBMC OK, VDR no sound
XBMC Default , solfthddevice with -a plughw : 0,1 => XBMC no sound, VDR OK
XBMC Default ; solfthddevice with -a dmix => XBMC no sound, VDR OK

The only solution that works is :
XBMC SPDIF solfthddevice with -a plughw : 0,3 (HDMI) : OK XBMC , VDR OK

but the HDMI sound on my TV is bad, this is why I like to have everything on the SPDIF.

Senufo