VDR developer version 2.1.6 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 2.1.5:
- Revoked "Fixed some compiler warnings with Clang 3.4.1" from ci.c, because
did not compile with older versions of gcc (thanks to Sören Moch).
- Fixed keeping the current position in the Recordings menu if a recording was
deleted in a sub folder.
- Fixed handling transfer mode on full featured DVB cards for encrypted channels
that have no audio pid (reported by Christian Winkler).
- Fixed a possible endless loop in cH264Parser::GetGolombUe(), which caused
on some HD channels to get stuck and resulted in buffer overflows.
- Fixed handling PAT packets when detecting frames, so that they can be properly
taken into account when regenerating the index of a recording.
- Fixed adding new source types in case they are already registered (reported
- Removed an unnecessary assignment from cMenuRecordings::~cMenuRecordings().
- The Recordings menu now remembers the last recording the cursor was
independent of the last replayed recording. When a replay ends, however, the
will initially be positioned to the last replayed recording again when the
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Antti Hartikainen).
- Fixed drawing the live indicator in the LCARS skin in case there are no
- When checking for obsolete channels, those with an RID that is not 0 are now
ignored (suggested by Oliver Endriss).
- The SDT is now only parsed *after* the NIT has been read, and it explicitly
the source value derived from the NIT. This should prevent new channels from
created with the wrong source.
- Added a log message in case a receiver is detached from its device because the
assigned CAM can't decrypt the channel.
- Refactored setup parameter handling for output devices:
+ The function cDevice::GetVideoSystem() has been deprecated and will be
in a future version. In order to check whether a particular plugin needs to
modified if this function is removed, you can comment out the line
+ Handling the "video (display) format" (things like 16:9, 4:3, pan&scan,
etc) shall now be done by the individual output devices, because the types
numbers of parameters are too device specific. The Setup/DVB parameters
"Video format" and "Video display format" are still there for now and can
by SD devices. HD devices, however, shall not use these parameters (any
but rather implement their own setup menu with the necessary parameters for
+ The dvbhdffdevice plugin has been modified accordingly.
+ Made it clear that cDevice::SetDigitalAudioDevice() merely tells the output
that the current audio track is Dolby Digital. This function was only used
original "full featured" DVB cards - do not use it for new developments!
If an output device has several ways of replaying audio (like HDMI or
it shall implement the proper options in its plugin's SetupMenu() function.
- Added support for "Pilot", "T2-System-Id" and "SISO/MISO" parameters (thanks
- Now initializing the isOnVideoDirectoryFileSystem member of cRecording when
scanning the video directory, so that it won't cause a delay when opening the
on a system with a large number of recordings.
- Now resetting the isOnVideoDirectoryFileSystem member of a cRecording to -1
renaming it, so that it will be re-checked upon the next call to
- Added support for systemd (thanks to Christopher Reimer). To activate this you
need to add "SDNOTIFY=1" to the 'make' call.
vdr mailing list