On 26.12.2014 17:45, Richard F wrote:
The Freesat patch at http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Freesat-patch
adds the following PID filters in eit.c - cEitFilter::cEitFilter

   Set(3842, 0x4E, 0xFE);  // event info, actual(0x4E)/other(0x4F)  TS,
present/following
   Set(3842, 0x50, 0xF0);  // event info, actual TS,  schedule(0x50)/schedule
for future days(0x5X)
   Set(3842, 0x60, 0xF0);  // event info, other  TS,  schedule(0x60)/schedule
for future days(0x6X)

Which eats up hardware PID filters on my older USB DVB-T receivers (Freeview
SD), and stops them working on most transponders.  I removed them to test,
because Klaus had removed these similar ones as long ago as 1.7.9 which was
very helpful:

   Set(0x12, 0x50, 0xF0);  // event info, actual TS, schedule(0x50)/schedule
for future days(0x5X)
   Set(0x12, 0x60, 0xF0);  // event info, other  TS, schedule(0x60)/schedule
for future days(0x6X)

Just for the record: while these two filters were removed in version 1.7.9,
there was also an additional 'if (Tid >= 0x4E && Tid <= 0x6F)' added to the
'case 0x12' of the Pid handling, so that in the end the exact same data was
processed as before, just with the benefit of saving two explicit filters.

And I still receive the full 8 day EPG on Freeview, including HD channels, with
just the PID filters defined in vanilla 2.0.6 - everything else appears OK,
including DVB subtitles, audio description etc...

Does anyone know if these extra PID's are definitely required? Maybe only for
DVB-S/2 ?

Sorry, I don't know anything about that.

Klaus