VDR developer version 2.1.10 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
Approaching version 2.2.0:
I have decided to release one more developer version because there were
complaints about missing functionality from the "jumpingseconds" and
"binary skip" patches regarding the Green/Yellow and Prev/Next keys, and
I didn't want to cause another "patch frenzy" in this newly refurbished
area of VDR. The other (more important) reason for this additional
developer release was the change in the return value of cOsd::RenderPixmaps(),
which is very important for plugins that implement their own version of
cPixmap, e.g. for use with fast graphics hardware.
If there are no more serious bug reports, the final version 2.2.0 of VDR
shall be released on February 19, 2015, which marks the 15th anniversary
So please test this developer version intensely and report any problems
you might encounter as soon as possible.
The following language files still have the given number of untranslated texts:
If nobody takes care of these, they will remain untranslated in version 2.2.0.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING TRANSLATIONS IS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18!
The changes since version 2.1.9:
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Updated the Macedonian OSD texts (thanks to Dimitar Petrovski).
- Updated the Romanian OSD texts (thanks to Lucian Muresan).
- Updated the Ukrainian OSD texts (thanks to Yarema Aka Knedlyk).
- Added "#REMOTE=LIRC" to Make.config.template (suggested by Martin Dauskardt).
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Increased the width of the left text column in the Setup menus to avoid
off German texts.
- Added an empty target to the Makefile to make sure the sub-make for libsi is
called (thanks to Sören Moch).
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto and Nino Gerbino).
- Updated the Lithuanian OSD texts (thanks to Valdemaras Pipiras).
- The new options "Setup/Replay/Skip distance with Green/Yellow keys" and
"Setup/Replay/Skip distance with Green/Yellow keys in repeat" can be used to
configure the number of seconds to skip when pressing these keys once or
and holding them (based on a patch from Matthias Senzel, originally from
- The new option "Setup/Replay/Use Prev/Next keys for adaptive skipping" can be
to change the behavior of these keys during replay. They normally jump between
editing marks, but with this option set to 'yes' they will do adaptive
- The new command line option --chartab can be used to set the default character
table to use for strings in the DVB data stream that don't begin with a proper
character table indicator (suggested by Christopher Reimer). The old mechanism
of using the environment variable VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE still works, but is now
deprecated and may be removed in a future version. The value given in the
option takes precedence over that in VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE.
- cOsd::RenderPixmaps() now returns a pointer to cPixmap instead of
(suggested by Thomas Reufer). This is necessary to allow plugins with derived
cPixmap implementations to use this function. Plugins that use this function
with cPixmapMemory now need to add a dynamic cast to the call, as in
cPixmapMemory *pm = dynamic_cast<cPixmapMemory *>(RenderPixmaps()));
They also need to call DestroyPixmap(pm) instead of "delete pm" to properly
the resulting pixmap after use.
The dvbhddevice plugin has been modified accordingly.
- A cPixmap with a negative layer no longer marks any portion of the OSD's view
as "dirty" when drawing on it. This may improve performance when drawing on a
hidden pixmap, because it avoids unnecessary refreshes of the OSD.
- Added a missing initialization of "panning" to the constructor of
- Updated the Dutch OSD texts (thanks to Erik Oomen).
- Updated the French OSD texts (thanks to Régis Bossut).
- Fixed the German translation of "Zap timeout".
vdr mailing list