El 13/01/16 a les 12:00, Peter Münster ha escrit:
Hi,

Is is possible to play VDR-recordings on Samsung Smart TV with
subtitles, and if yes, how please?

It seems, that the Samsung Smart needs 2 files: an mp4 and an srt file.

I've tried:  "ffmpeg -i 00001.ts -vn -an -codec:s:0 srt 00001.srt"
But no 00001.srt is created...

TIA for any hints,

Usually the subtitles that are broadcast and recorded are images, while the srt is a text file. Since I had the same need, a long time ago I wrote a script to extract the images and apply an ocr to them in order to create the srt file

http://ventoso.org/luca/vdr/vdrsubrip/

and there's a derived (and possibly better) version here

https://github.com/philhansen/dvbsubrip

Bye
--
Luca