On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:25:38PM +0200, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 04:39:55PM -0500, Adam Litke wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Project_Proposal_-_MOM
> >
> > The link above will take you to the oVirt draft proposal for including
> > Memory
> > Overcommitment Manager (MOM) as an oVirt sub-project.  I wanted to give
> > folks on
> > this list a chance to discuss MOM and an integration strategy before I ask
> > the
> > oVirt board to evaluate the proposal.  Please take a look if you can and
> > provide
> > your feedback.  Thanks.

> Note that there is a problem in putting MOM alongside Vdsm since Vdsm is a bit
> egotistical in its access to libvirt, and denies libvirt write access from
> non-vdsm users.

That's no technical obstacle, it is only to prevent accidental use of
apps that don't play nicely with VDSM. Once you've verified and MOM and
VDSM will play nicely together without throwing their toys out of the
pram, you can simply add another SASL user/password for MOM to use :-)

One of the features we're planning to add to libvirt in the next 6months
is RBAC control. This will let you write a strict policy for exactly
which individual APIs you want to allow MOM (or any other libvirt app)
to be allowed to use while VDSM is present.