On 10/15/2011 10:19 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

<SNIP>
> I find it quite awkward for ovirt-engine to send code to MOM. It is not like
> the
> programmers of ovirt-engine are smarter than you and could devise a better
> policy. It *is* important to have "ballooning profiles" attached to guests
> (e.g.
> "this VM is holy, do not balloon unless host is in deep manure") or hosts
> ("keep
> 100Mb free at all costs"). I think that defining the available profiles is the
> business of MOM - no one can do it better.
>
> Dan.

I disagree, for one reason - the engine has an overall view of the
system, not just of a single node.
However, I haven't found yet where it can be advantage. I'm sure there
are such cases, though.
The knowledge of an operating system, its properties (to which user it
belongs, its priority, is it related to another VM, ...) probably has
some value.
Y.