Thanks!, I will start that way...

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Ayal Baron [mailto:aba...@redhat.com]
Enviado el: martes, 08 de noviembre de 2011 0:19
Para: José Román Bilbao Castro
CC: vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org
Asunto: Re: Offering my collaboration for HA

----- Original Message -----

> Hi all,
>

> I am interested on helping in the development of a robust HA solution
> for ovirt. I have in mind to build a solution based on a distributed
> mechanism (like that provided by vmware where HA will still work even
> when the management nodes are down). The problem is that I do not know
> where to start, what to read to get familiar with the vdsm
> architecture and so on… Any hints?.

First thing is to go to ovirt.org and view the ovirt-vdsm and
ovirt-vdsm-storage presos.
Then start looking at the wiki there (it contains some vdsm pages, albeit not
anywhere nearly enough).

Then you can look at vdsm upstream bugzilla at:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&component=vdsm&product=oVirt&classification=Community

Look through the bugs and suggest on the list to try and solve one, we'll give
you pointers into the code where to start.

If you have any additional questions, just ask here.

Regards,
Ayal.