----- Original Message -----

Hi Jenna,
you need a proper upstart service file for vdsm. One of the problem you
might be facing is that our current init script is doing much more than
just starting/stopping a service. That has to change.

Some time ago I proposed to strip the current init extra-logic (eg:
configuring libvirt, etc...) to an external tool (vdsm-tool).

That will allow us to have regular init/upstart scripts that are just
taking care of starting/stopping/restarting the service.

--
Federico