----- Original Message -----

Configuring the network is a difficult task. Taking a more generic
approach means facing again the problems that NetworkManager found
and resolved in the past.

Do you know any other (mature) project that is trying to fill in the
gaps between the network configurations in the various distro?
I'm worried that taking a generic approach we'll end up creating a
small NetworkManager clone with a smaller scope (usable only for the
vdsm tasks).

We could use our effort to improve NetworkManager where it's lacking
of functionality/packaging. For example I've been waiting for the bridge
support for a long time, I hope to see it soon.

--
Federico