On 11/23/2011 07:09 AM, Adam Litke wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 04:53:33PM -0500, Andrew Cathrow wrote:

Maybe a bit prior to discussing the exact integration between MOM and
vdsm, we can discuss the set of classes and verbs it should control?

For instance we have 2 major classes (further away in the future):
  1. Host controls
     - Set swap partitions (maybe per guest or guest groups)
     - Set zram (compressed ram swap partition)
     - THP on|off
     - KSM speed control
     - Global host stat collection

  2. Guest controls
     - KSM per VM, on|off
     - THP per VM
     - Ballooning & auto ballooning
     - Future free page hinting
     - cgroup memory cap (per vm|group)
     - (I guess memory hot plug is outside of MOMs scope, but a bit
       related)
     - Guest&agent stat collection

Will all be done by Mom? How about defining just a RFC interface and
then try to hook into vdsm's api