On 11/30/2011 05:32 PM, Geert Jansen wrote:

> On 11/30/2011 04:09 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
>
>>> How easy is QMF to consume from a software development perspective?
>>> Would it be
>>> easy for someone to write a virsh-like tool against a QMF-based vdsm
>>> API? Would
>>> such a tool be able to run on multiple Linux distributions?
>>
>> it is supposed to have a cli console.
>> cc'ing carl and Ted for more details.
>
> I'm not sure how hard it is technically. But for ISV's, I can tell you
> that almost nobody has experience with it.
>
> But, is this intended to be a public API though?

yes, for VDSM.
but if we go with ovirt-lite for single node, they will get exactly the
same REST API as the full engine has.
otherwise they will get a "similar" API, which meand double
coding/testing/etc.

btw, i think QMF has a REST bridge, but still it will be a different api
than going the engine-lite approach.