On 11/30/2011 10:50 AM, Adam Litke wrote:

>>> it is supposed to have a cli console.
>>> cc'ing carl and Ted for more details.
>> I'm not sure how hard it is technically. But for ISV's, I can tell
>> you that almost nobody has experience with it.
>>
>> But, is this intended to be a public API though?
> Yes!  Vdsm already has a 'private' API that only RHEV-m used to consume.  In
> the
> ovirt world, vdsm needs to expose a real public API (by whatever means we
> choose) so that external entities (ISVs) can leverage vdsm directly if they so
> choose.  This API must be the same one that ovirt-engine uses, otherwise we
> are
> maintaining two incompatible APIs.

So why not either document the VDSM XML-RPC API or work on a documented
Pythonic RESTful replacement for the XML-RPC API in VDSM?

There's a decent thread in [1] comparing the virtues of various python
based RESTful servers.

[1]:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/713847/recommendations-of-python-rest-web-services-framework

Cheers,