Hi,

I read the design here and I like to make sure that the future road map
will expand beyond the current scope.

The current design totally rely on libvirt and does not parse the
content of the PCI addressing. That's really really basic. The user
should be able to specify pci slot allocation of his devices through the
gui. I guess you won't be able to do that w/ the current scheme.

Also, what about devices that can't be hot plug (like qxl)? You need to
reveal this info to the user. Currently we have ability in the kvm bios
(seabios) to automatically disable the host plug of some critical
devices like the vga driver (qxl) and others. The user should be allowed
to hot plug/unplug only allowed devices.

You have to make your design work w/ pci bridges since we'll add it to
qemu and once there is such VM (management should enable the bridge)
there will be more pci devices available to it.

Regards,
Dor