On 12/29/2011 04:24 PM, Ayal Baron wrote:

From: "Ayal Baron"<aba...@redhat.com>
To: "Andrew Cathrow"<acath...@redhat.com>
Cc: vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org, "wangxiaofan"
<wangxiao...@opzoon.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:40:49 AM
Subject: Re: about shared disk file system

From: "wangxiaofan"<wangxiao...@opzoon.com>
To: vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:21:43 AM
Subject: about shared disk file system

Hi there,
     To support SAN storage in vdsm, is there any plan to use
     shared
disk file system, such as Red Hat GFS or OCFS2,
instead of lvm?

One of the features we're adding to oVirt is the ability to have
plug-able file domains. Today we support block based
(iscsi/fiber)
and NFS. We'll add support for generic filesystems [1].

For some filesystems this will be pretty straight forward eg
Gluster,
GPFS but GFS adds some extra complications - it brings along it's
own cluster stack that provides membership management, fencing
etc.

so do gpfs and gluster.
as long as you don't mix LVM based domains with GFS you should be
fine.

GFS/Clustersuite will power off nodes, GPFS and Gluster won't.

not if you define usage of SCSI fencing instead of power fencing.

or the storage servers will not be the same nodes running the VMs?