----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 07:15:48PM -0500, Ayal Baron wrote:

Can you post the exact flow you're running?

> > > print in the
> > > log:
> > >
> > > Thread-18::DEBUG::2012-02-09
> > > 17:11:46,793::misc::1017::SamplingMethod::(__call__) Trying to
> > > enter
> > > sampling method (storage.sdc.refreshStorage)
> > >
> > > The only solution I've been able to come up with is restarting my
> > > machine.  When
> > > stopping vdsm I search for any stale threads but I am unable to
> > > find
> > > them.  Do
> > > you know what else might be causing DynamicBarrier.enter() to
> > > hang
> > > for a long
> > > period of time?  Do the threading primitives use some sort of
> > > temporary disk
> > > storage that needs to be cleaned up?  Thanks for the help!
> >
> > Try to add some logging in sdc.py:
> >     def refreshStorage(self):
>
> Yep have done this and I am not even getting into the refreshStorage
> function.
> We actually hang in DynamicBarrier.enter().  I am going to add some
> debugging to
> determine which locking operation gets stuck.

On the face of it it sounds like a python bug.
Is supervdsm running? did you try killing it as well?
Are you sure there is no 'Got in to sampling method' line in the log?
Have you tried adding logging in 'enter' to see at what stage exactly you get
stuck?

(side note - code should probably be updated with 'with' as it was originally
written for use with python 2.4)