Hi,
  I was installing the VDSM packaging following this link:
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Installing_VDSM_from_rpm

It seems that the network configuration section is not correct. In this wiki page, the static IP is assigned to the host network interface like eth0, em1 and the outing interface of the bridge is attached to the same host interface. However, it didn't work in my server. After moving the static IP into the bridge script *"ifcfg-ovirtmgmt*", the network configuration is OK now. I was wondering if it was someone's typo to write this wiki. See the change in below:

Add the following content into a new file named: */etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ovirtmgmt*:

DEVICE=ovirtmgmt
TYPE=Bridge
ONBOOT=yes
DELAY=0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp

*--->  Should be changed to:*

DEVICE=ovirtmgmt
TYPE=Bridge
ONBOOT=yes
DELAY=0
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Add the following line into the configuration file of your out going interface (usually em1/eth0) the file is located at: */etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1* (assuming the device is em1)

BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt

Full Example

DEVICE=em1
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.212
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt

---> should be changed to

DEVICE=em1
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt

--
Shu Ming<shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM China Systems and Technology Laboratory