On 02/19/2012 04:45 PM, Igor Lvovsky wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: vdsm-devel-boun...@lists.fedorahosted.org [mailto:vdsm-devel-
boun...@lists.fedorahosted.org] On Behalf Of Itamar Heim
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 5:13 PM
To: ??????
Cc: us...@ovirt.org; vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org
Subject: Re: [vdsm] [Users] Restoring Virtual Machines

On 02/17/2012 11:51 AM, ?????? wrote:
Can I use the "data of storage domain", created in the old ovirt to
import
virtual machines in a new ovirt?
It is possible to convert the "data of storage domain" in "export
domain"
manually? To mount it as a "Export domain" in a new overt

No, it's impossible. The export domain has specific layout (similar to
layout of master domain)
  that contains for example VM's ovf files.
In theory you can 'hijack' master domain, but the flow is very complicated
and not recommended.

if someone has only a single master storage domain, why can't they make it an export domain?

cc-ing vdsm-devel on how to change the metadata of the SD to make it an
export domain, instead of a data domain (which is pretty arbitrary iirc).