On 02/19/2012 05:32 AM, Ayal Baron wrote:
FlowID does absolutely nothing towards that end.  What is required for that
(and should indeed be done) is work on improving the existing logs:
1. reduce verbosity
2. make sure that required points in the flow are logged
3. improve log messages

Don't forget the MSGID change that Keith promised to push as well.
Keith hasn't forgotten. He is just trying to get a standardized format and tooling that are *easy* to use and which is minimally intrusive to development.

Had a few meetings in Brno last week to discuss logging and I think that we have a fairly good plan now. As soon as I finish the wiki, I'll send a link.

Cheers,
Keith