On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 03:18:59PM +0000, Itzik Brown wrote:
> I have a problem building vdsm on RHEL 6.2
>
> After running the following:
>
> # git clone http://gerrit.ovirt.org/p/vdsm.git
> # cd vdsm
> # git fetch http://gerrit.ovirt.org/p/vdsm refs/changes/93/1693/5 && git
> checkout FETCH_HEAD
> # ./autobuild.sh

Already worked this out in #vdsm, but for the archives.

Using git bisect you can find the commit that broke it. So we know HEAD
is bad (because ./autobuild.sh fails) and we assume master is good, thus
we start bisecting:

        git bisect start HEAD master

Since we already have a script that can tell us if it's good or bad we
can run:

        git bisect run ./autobuild.sh

This will produce output and if you're lucky produce a line similar to:

        57dbd4f19a953f07860d74d3c08d450e3e76701b is the first bad commit

Next step is to look in gerrit. This leads us to a review
(http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#change,1038) which is still in progress. In
this case you can make a review to make sure it doesn't get pushed in
this state. If it was merged already you've found a regression. Note
that we assumed master was good, but that may be wrong so double check.