On 03/22/2012 10:18 PM, Saggi Mizrahi wrote:
I suggest having pep8 a must for patch submission in VDSM.
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

Currently there are a few people policing these rules in reviews but I suggest
we make it automatic.

Unless someone objects I will put a gerrit hook that complains about pep8
violations.
It will not mark -1s until all (or at least most) source code has been
converted because people might get complains about code they did not modify in
this patch.

If you happy and you know it +1!

I'd rather avoid gerrit hooks if possible to use a jenkins job to validate this to keep the gerrit deployment as simple to maintain/upgrade as possible.