On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 02:59:51PM +0800, Mark Wu wrote:
> I failed to build latest vdsm code on RHEL6 host because of test
> failure as below:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/mark/Work/vdsm/vdsm-src/tests'
> ../tests/run_tests.sh main.py miscTests.py resourceManagerTests.py
> processPoolTests.py fileUtilTests.py guestIFTests.py
> Failure
>     runTest                                                     ERROR
>     runTest                                                     ERROR
>     runTest                                                     ERROR
>     runTest                                                     ERROR
>     runTest                                                     ERROR
> TestGuestIF
>     testfilterXmlChars                                          OK
>

> When I manually run one of the test cases, I got the following exception:
>
> $ ./run_tests.sh fileUtilTests.py
> Failure
>     runTest                                                     ERROR

> ERROR: Failure: ImportError (No module named fileUtils)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose/loader.py", line 364,
> in loadTestsFromName
>     addr.filename, addr.module)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 39,
> in importFromPath
>     return self.importFromDir(dir_path, fqname)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose/importer.py", line 87,
> in importFromDir
>     mod = load_module(part_fqname, fh, filename, desc)
>   File "/home/mark/Work/vdsm/vdsm-src/tests/fileUtilTests.py", line
> 23, in <module>
>     import storage.fileUtils as fileUtils
> ImportError: No module named fileUtils
> ---------------------->  I am not sure why the name is fileUtils,
> not storage.fileUtils

> Ran 1 test in 0.001s
>
> FAILED (errors=1)
>

> I also tried to manually import fileUtilTests.py.  Although it
> failed too, it could locate the module storage.fileUtils and started
> to load it.  I guess the 'constants' module issue could be resolved
> by the function hackVdsmModule in testrunner.py.
> In [1]: import sys
>
> In [2]: sys.path.append('../vdsm')
>
> In [3]: import fileUtilTests.py
> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> /home/mark/Work/vdsm/vdsm-src/tests/<ipython console> in <module>()
>
> /home/mark/Work/vdsm/vdsm-src/tests/fileUtilTests.py in <module>()
>      21 import os
>      22
> ---> 23 import storage.fileUtils as fileUtils
>      24 import testValidation
>      25 from testrunner import VdsmTestCase as TestCaseBase
>
> /home/mark/Work/vdsm/vdsm-src/vdsm/storage/fileUtils.py in <module>()
>      34
>      35 import shutil
> ---> 36 from vdsm import constants
>      37 import logging
>      38 import storage_exception as se

> [...]

Are you testing the tip of the master branch? we had a similar problem
few days ago, but it was fixed, as Saggi has reported on list.

On my system, with the same version of nose, and a freshly cloned vdsm
repo, I do not see your problem. Maybe you have a stale .py module
imported by the test runner and misleading it? Could you retry with a
fresh git repo?