On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 07:39:24AM -0400, Ayal Baron wrote:

> [...]

Please see http://gerrit.ovirt.org/3613 for a solution that 'fixes' the API
while keeping the promise to ovirt-engine.  Here is the commit message to permit
continued discussion here on the list:

API: getAllTasks{Info|Statuses} does not return all tasks

As discussed on the list, I found that the getAllTasks* APIs do not return all
tasks but instead filter to return only spm tasks.  This is a requirement for
ovirt-engine.  To make it possible to view all tasks while preserving
compatibility for ovirt-engine I propose the following changes to the API:

The public API in API.py will be modified to add a 'tag' parameter which
defaults to None.  This will be passed all the way down into the taskManager
(which already expects such a parameter).  In this way, the new default mode of
operation will be fixed to return all tasks as the name of the API states.

To maintain compatibility for ovirt-engine, the XMLRPC binding will pass the tag
"spm" to these APIs to get the current filtering behavior.  Note that I have
also changed vdsClient so that it will return all tasks.

--
Adam Litke <a...@us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center