On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 05:52:13PM +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 07:34:14AM -0500, Adam Litke wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 04:17:18AM -0400, Ayal Baron wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I would like to discuss the following on today's call:
> > >
> > > 1. Gerrit vs. mailing list
>
> Gerrit is an inhibiter for some contributors.
> One approach to solve this improve gerrit:
> - Gerrit should send the patch when it notified of a change. This may
>   attract more reviewers.

I'm happy to inform that Gal has sent a patch for this to upstream
gerrit:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/34861/
Add unified diff to newchange mail template.

> - comments should be posted with their context

and for this one, too:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/34862/

> - pick up a patch/comment from the mailing list

I hope we can fix another annoying behaviour of gerrit: a comment to a
change set says how many inline comments are there, but it does not tell
which comments are they (hopefully with a link to the comment).

What else would we want to talk about today?
- state of Adam's REST patches review
- Hunt Xu's ifconfig patch (very wanted, blocked on a missing unit test)
- Saggi's betterPopen
- ?