On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 01:41:20PM +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 05:52:13PM +0300, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

> > Gerrit is an inhibiter for some contributors.
> > One approach to solve this improve gerrit:
> > - Gerrit should send the patch when it notified of a change. This may
> >   attract more reviewers.
>
> I'm happy to inform that Gal has sent a patch for this to upstream
> gerrit:
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/34861/
> Add unified diff to newchange mail template.
>
> > - comments should be posted with their context
>
> and for this one, too:
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/34862/
>
> > - pick up a patch/comment from the mailing list
>
> I hope we can fix another annoying behaviour of gerrit: a comment to a
> change set says how many inline comments are there, but it does not tell
> which comments are they (hopefully with a link to the comment).
>

> What else would we want to talk about today?

- Justin scheduled to improve his Israeli accent on June.

> - state of Adam's REST patches review

- working on storage connection modeling
- needs review for the top level api. Saggi & Federico, ask Gal

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#change,3361

> - Saggi's betterPopen

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#change,3944

Saggi is trying to push this upstream - we do not want to carry core
python stuff in Vdsm forever. When pushed to Vdsm, `make check` will
start requiring python-devel.

- Federico on vdsm-tool:
Init script stuff and general configuration stuff should be implemented
as vdsm-tool functions. Most of the commands should be run unattended,
by initd/systemd and spec, but we could add an interactive layer.

Ryan suggests to use vdsm-tool for simplification of common vdsm
actions. It is not an interactive cli, it is expected to "do the right
thing" and prepare a local node with local storage. Ryan would post a
feature page about this to discuss the feature and its implementation.

See you in two weeks!