On 05/23/2012 08:44 PM, Shu Ming wrote:
No feedback or don't understand the problem I described?
On 2012-5-23 23:45, Shu Ming wrote:

Recently, I am working on combining smaller pep8 clean works into one big
batch. Because the smaller patches come from different folks with different
change logs, when I tried to push these changes into gerrit to create a pep8
topic branch, I hope the change logs can be kept in the topic branch. However,
I found I can not push the patches with others' name. Errors are like the
blow. So I have two proposals to fix this.

Can you share the output of:

git log --format="%ae, %ce, %s" origin/master..HEAD

in the branch you're trying to push?

The second column should be "shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com". If it's not, I assume it's because you let someone else push to your repository or pulled from there repository. Gerrit won't let you do that.

One way to work around this is to do the following:

$ mkdir patches
$ git format-patch -o patches/ origin/master
$ git reset --hard origin/master
$ git am -s patches/
$ rm -rf patches

This will effectively change committer to be you for all of the commits. The '-s' flag for git am also adds your Signed-off-by. If it's already there, you can omit that option.

Anthony Liguori

I) Allow the submitter to push the patches signed off by others to gerrit.
II) Let the maintainer to pull the patches from my workspace to merge the
III) Collapse the change logs from different folks into one log signed off by
me and then push that big patch into gerrit. Others's signature will go way,
IV) other ideas?

remote: Resolving deltas: 66% (26/39)
remote: ERROR: In commit f81413cdc87208f6a72a639798816064421c8b3a
remote: ERROR: committer email address zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
remote: ERROR: does not match your user account.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR: The following addresses are currently registered:
remote: ERROR: shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
remote: ERROR: smin...@gmail.com
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR: To register an email address, please visit:
remote: ERROR: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#settings,contact
To ssh://sm...@gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm.git
! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master/pep8cleaning (invalid committer)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://sm...@gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm.git'