On 2012-5-24 9:56, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 05/23/2012 08:44 PM, Shu Ming wrote:
No feedback or don't understand the problem I described?
On 2012-5-23 23:45, Shu Ming wrote:
Hi,

Recently, I am working on combining smaller pep8 clean works into one big batch. Because the smaller patches come from different folks with different change logs, when I tried to push these changes into gerrit to create a pep8 topic branch, I hope the change logs can be kept in the topic branch. However, I found I can not push the patches with others' name. Errors are like the
blow. So I have two proposals to fix this.

Can you share the output of:

git log --format="%ae, %ce, %s" origin/master..HEAD

in the branch you're trying to push?
Yes.  That is the branch I am trying to push.

shuming@kvm-rhel-01 vdsm-pep8]$ git log --format="%ae, %ec, %s" origin/master..HEAD
zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, clean PEP 8 problems in vdsm/guestIF.py
zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, clean PEP 8 problems in vdsm/clientIF.py
zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, clean PEP 8 problems in vdsm/caps.py
m...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, Fixing pep8 in vdsm/define.py
shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, change the code style of before_vm_start.py for P shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, change the code style of BindingXMLRPC.py for PEP shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, change the code style of before_vm_start.py for P shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, change the code style of SecureXMLRPCServer.py fo shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, change the code style of devicemapper.py for PEP8
m...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, Fixing pep8 in vdsm/hooks.py
shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, change the code style of volume.py for PEP8 compl
xiaw...@linux.vnet.ibm.com, c, pep8 clean vdsm/storage/hba.py

The second column should be "shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com". If it's not, I assume it's because you let someone else push to your repository or pulled from there repository. Gerrit won't let you do that.

I cherry-picked others' patch to my workspace and want to preserve the change log of others'. But gerrit don't let me to push those change logs back with the patches.

One way to work around this is to do the following:

$ mkdir patches
$ git format-patch -o patches/ origin/master
$ git reset --hard origin/master
$ git am -s patches/
$ rm -rf patches

This will effectively change committer to be you for all of the commits. The '-s' flag for git am also adds your Signed-off-by. If it's already there, you can omit that option.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I) Allow the submitter to push the patches signed off by others to gerrit. II) Let the maintainer to pull the patches from my workspace to merge the
patches.
III) Collapse the change logs from different folks into one log signed off by me and then push that big patch into gerrit. Others's signature will go way, bad.
IV) other ideas?

---
remote: Resolving deltas: 66% (26/39)
remote:
remote: ERROR: In commit f81413cdc87208f6a72a639798816064421c8b3a
remote: ERROR: committer email address zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
remote: ERROR: does not match your user account.
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR: The following addresses are currently registered:
remote: ERROR: shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com
remote: ERROR: smin...@gmail.com
remote: ERROR:
remote: ERROR: To register an email address, please visit:
remote: ERROR: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#settings,contact
remote:
remote:
To ssh://sm...@gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm.git
! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/master/pep8cleaning (invalid committer) error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://sm...@gerrit.ovirt.org:29418/vdsm.git'

--
Shu Ming<shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM China Systems and Technology Laboratory