On 05/23/2012 09:17 PM, Shu Ming wrote:
On 2012-5-24 9:56, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 05/23/2012 08:44 PM, Shu Ming wrote:
No feedback or don't understand the problem I described?
On 2012-5-23 23:45, Shu Ming wrote:

Recently, I am working on combining smaller pep8 clean works into one big
batch. Because the smaller patches come from different folks with different
change logs, when I tried to push these changes into gerrit to create a pep8
topic branch, I hope the change logs can be kept in the topic branch. However,
I found I can not push the patches with others' name. Errors are like the
blow. So I have two proposals to fix this.

Can you share the output of:

git log --format="%ae, %ce, %s" origin/master..HEAD

in the branch you're trying to push?
Yes. That is the branch I am trying to push.

shuming@kvm-rhel-01 vdsm-pep8]$ git log --format="%ae, %ec, %s"

But syncing up with Ming offline, it looks like committer is someone else. I suggested a 'git rebase -f origin/master' to rewrite the topic branches history to change the committer.

Anthony Liguori