----- Original Message -----
> From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berra...@redhat.com>
> To: "Federico Simoncelli" <fsimo...@redhat.com>
> Cc: "Lei Li" <li...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>, "Adam Litke" <a...@us.ibm.com>, "Dan
> Kenigsberg" <dan...@redhat.com>, "Ryan
> Harper" <ry...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>, vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org, "Ayal
> Baron" <aba...@redhat.com>
> Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 4:52:38 PM
> Subject: Re: Move some of code from spec file into vdsm-tool function issue
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:39:08AM -0400, Federico Simoncelli wrote:

Ok, then coming to your specific question, my opinion is:

- vdsm should work out of the box even if libvirt doesn't require a password
  (polkit should be enough)
- vdsm-tool should (at some point) update the sasl password with the content
  of libvirt_password (if present)
- an admin wanting to secure libvirt will create the libvirt_password file and
  will use vdsm-tool to make it effective
- if downstream wants to automate this will drop in a %config libvirt_password
  file (or maybe generating it runtime as we do with the certificate?) and
  will call vdsm-tool accordingly

Dan? Thoughts?

--
Federico