On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 05:26:47PM +0200, David Jaša wrote:
> Do I get it right that host-side of MOM communicates with guest side
> over network interface? If so, why isn't it following best practices of
> qemu/kvm world and why it doesn't communicate over its own virtio-serial
> port?

No that is not correct for oVirt's usage of MOM.  MOM has several ways of
acquiring guest statistics: Client/server over TCP, libvirt (via.
virDomainMemoryStats), qemu-ga (client/server over virtio-serial), etc.  For
vdsm, memory stats are acquired via the vdsm api itself (API.py:VM.getStats()).
VDSM acquires these stats via the ovirt-guest-agent over virto-serial.