On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 06:08:57PM +0800, Xu He Jie wrote:
> Hi, folks
>
>    I am trying move api implement to sub-module, then we don't need
> singleton and passing clientif to anywhere. So I sent this mail to
> descript the idea. I think it's good for review.
>
>    So I add api registeration mechanism. Other modules can register
> it's api implement to api layer.
> I try to move VM api and vm stuff(like clientif.vmContainer, etc) to
> a new module called vmm. the vmm.VMM is similar with hsm. It's
> responsiable for managing vm and register VM implement to api layer.
> Same with hsm, I move all storage related api to hsm, and hsm will
> register them to api layer.
>
>   After all api move to submodule, we can rename clientif and
> needn't passing client to any where. :)
>
>   I have already submit a rough version to gerrit:
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/status:open+project:vdsm+branch:master+topic:wip_refactor_clientif,n,z

I took a cursory look at the code you have submitted.  I think you need to more
thoroughly describe your design.  I was particularly confused by your use of
Abstract Base Classes for this scenario.  Can you explain in more depth why you
have done this?  Is there a simpler way to accomplish what you need to do?  I
looked at your VMM patch and I am unsure why you need to define VMBase and
VMImpl separately.  It means declaring the set of functions in two separate
files.  Thanks for shining some more light on your methodology.