oVirt Workshop Europe 2012: Call For Participation
November 7-9, 2012 - Hotel Fira Palace - Barcelona, Spain

(All submissions must be received before midnight Sep 14th, 2012)

The oVirt Project is an open virtualization project for anyone who cares
about Linux-based KVM virtualization. Providing a feature-rich server
virtualization management system with advanced capabilities for hosts
and guests, including high availability, live migration, storage
management, system scheduler, and more. By open we mean open source &
open governance, done right.

During this workshop you’ll learn about the technical background and
direction of the oVirt project. You’ll meet the developers, and have an
opportunity to see and dive into the code right away. The workshop is
open to all who want to use, get involved with, or  learn about the
comprehensive open virtualization management platform, oVirt. The
sessions cover the technical projects details, governance, getting
involved, usage, and much more. If you have any interest in an Open
Virtualization Management platform, this workshop is for you!

We are excited to announce that this oVirt Workshop will be held in
conjunction with the KVM Forum.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum/

The KVM Forum and oVirt Workshop are co-located with the Linux
Foundation's 2012 LinuxCon Europe in Barcelona, Spain.

oVirt Workshop attendees will be able to attend KVM Forum sessions and
are eligible to attend LinuxCon Europe for a discounted rate.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum/register

We invite you to lead part of the discussion by submitting a speaking
proposal for oVirt Workshop 2012.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/cfp

Suggested topics:

 - community use case/stories
 - roadmaps
 - deep dives into features/areas
 - deep dives into code/debugging/tuning
 - integration and extensions
 - components: engine, vdsm, node, sdk/cli, reports, mom, guest agent, etc.
 - subjects: network, storage, vm life cycle, scheduling & sla, gluster, etc.
 - packaging, installation and distributions
 - community infrastructure and services

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS

Abstracts due: Sep 14th, 2012
Notification: Sep 28th, 2012

Please submit a short abstract (~150 words) describing your presentation
proposal.  In your submission please note how long your talk will take.
Slots vary in length up to 45 minutes.  Also include in your proposal
the proposal type -- one of:

- technical talk
- end-user talk
- birds of a feather (BOF) session

Submit your proposal here:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/cfp

You will receive a notification whether or not your presentation proposal
was accepted by Sep 14th.

END-USER COLLABORATION

One of the big challenges as developers is to know what, where and how
people actually use our software.  We will reserve a few slots for end
users talking about their deployment challenges and achievements.

If you are using oVirt in production you are encouraged submit a speaking
proposal.  Simply mark it as an end-user collaboration proposal.  As an
end user, this is a unique opportunity to get your input to developers.

BOF SESSION

We will reserve some slots in the evening after the main conference
tracks, for birds of a feather (BOF) sessions. These sessions will be
less formal than presentation tracks and targetted for people who would
like to discuss specific issues with other developers and/or users.
If you are interested in getting developers and/or uses together to
discuss a specific problem, please submit a BOF proposal.

LIGHTNING TALKS

In addition to submitted talks we will also have some room for lightning
talks. These are short (5 minute) discussions to highlight new work or
ideas that aren't complete enough to warrant a full presentation slot.
Lightning talk submissions and scheduling will be handled on-site at
oVirt Workshop.

HOTEL / TRAVEL

The oVirt Workshop Europe 2012 will be held in Barcelona, Spain at the
Hotel Fira Palace.

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kvm-forum/hotel

Thank you for your interest in oVirt.  We're looking forward to your
submissions and seeing you at the oVirt Workshop Europe 2012 in November!

Thanks,
your oVirt Workshop Europe 2012 Program Commitee

Please contact us with any questions or comments.
workshop...@ovirt.org