On 08/27/2012 06:01 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

- Dan: should we abandon old patches? Federico: no, people may want they
   Work-in-Progress patches to stay around and inspire others. A nag mail
   for a patch that is not abandoned and not advancing anywhere is more
   reasonable.

   If someone has some time to put into gerrit scripting, I won't mind to
   see such a nag bot. It would help we separate important patches that
   were somehow forgotten by their author/reviewers and stuff that should
   probably be recycled.

I was thinking of a bot to send emails to patch owners if patch is untouched for more than 60 days, remind on 75 days, and abandon on 90 days.

any modification of the patch (review comment, updated patch, etc every 2 months) would keep it alive.