I want to open up a discussion about patch reviews in the vdsm project.  I
believe everyone will agree that more code review needs to happen for the
betterment of the project.  I want to ask everyone some questions and also make
some observations.  I hope to gain some insights and improve my own workflow.
And I hope the same for everyone else too.

How much time in a week do you spend reviewing patches?

We have a lot of open patches in gerrit.  When deciding to review some code, how
do you select a patch to review.  I have heard people say that they only select
patches which have named them specifically as a reviewer.  How does a new
contributor know who to ask?  Does anyone have a workflow (or gerrit query) to
select recent unreviewed patches?

While discussing gerrit recently, I learned that some people use gerrit simply
to host work-in-progress patches and they don't intend for those to be reviewed.
How can a reviewer recognize this and skip those patches when choosing what to
review?  Is there a way to mark certain patches as more important and others as

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.