----- Original Message -----

Correct, but since you have to run it why keeping different (wrong)
settings locally (vs. the ones that you'll be using in the rpm)?

> Also, in most projects autogen does not run configure... this is
> something unique in vdsm I like to avoid.

Taken from libvirt, I don't see value in de-automating things.

> If there is a problem with rpmbuild -tb tarball, we need to fix it...
> is there any?

The problem with your rpmbuild command is that it's not automatic enough,
if you want to automate it you use wildcards (vdsm*.gz) which will build
any vdsm tar.gz you find in the directory rather the one you just prepared
(which is what make rpm is doing).

It's not that what you're saying is wrong (after all it's what autogen.sh
and the Makefile rely upon, and it works for you), it's that what you do
manually is already done automatically (with less potential errors and
confusion for the newcomers).

--
Federico