* Sheldon <shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com> [2012-09-21 04:42]:
> Hi all,
>   I have submitted a patch about watchdog device
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/7535/
>   If we set 'dump' action for watchdog, qemu will generate a dump file.
>   And I have get some feedback, how engine get these files?
>   scp? or Will vdsm support new API to list and get these files?
>   IMO, The new API should  list and get not only dump files,  but
> also other kinds of files.

That's a good question.  We know that vdsm captured core files today.  I
don't think there is an API mechanism to retrieve the core files
remotely yet.

If we did propose such a call, what sets of files would we want to
include?  Would this be a query for fetching debug data for a single VM,
for the host (which would/could include all cores and dumps)?

> --
> Sheldon Feng<shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> IBM Linux Technology Center

Ryan Harper