----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ryan Harper" <ry...@us.ibm.com>
> To: vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org

This is exactly the problem... you cannot rely on -1 as it clears if a new
patchset is pushed.

Only +1 is to be considered before merge.

> What is the maintainer view of how best to use -1?  And if we don't
> use
> a -1, how does one do the above?

I think that this is fairly new to have proper procedure set.

There are people who use -1 as labelling of what they reviewed.
There are people who use -1 if they have any comment.
There are people who use -1 if they feel patch (the idea, mean and description)
should not be submitted.

My view is that among the -2, -1, 0, +1, +2 there is a proper room for 0, 0 is
a number just like any other number, removing it from scale means narrowing the
scale.

My personal view is that:

0 - discussion taking place (initial state).
+1 - approved for submission by reviewer.
+2 - approve for submission by maintainer.
-1 - either the change (principal) is rejected, or the patch is so bad that
need a major rework, or contributor is not cooperating.
-2 - final rejection by maintainer.

But this is only my view...

BTW: it works fine at engine patches... all discussion takes place at '0' until
a decision of -1 or +1 and then final decision of -2 or +2.

Regards,
Alon.