Some time ago I posted about a side-result of the work on the VM migration 3.1⇒3.0 issue. Here is several slides[1] about the pyvfs library[2]. It is not a ready-to-use VDSM application, but some research work. It is not designed specifically for VDSM and can be used in any Python script.

I hope, with the library we can create some features for VDSM, like file-based RPC or internal structures monitoring. Right now I use it to observe VM objects and monitor internal VM config representation.

I would be glad to discuss it and can prepare a short presentation using VDSM as a sample.

[1] slides: http://peet.spb.ru/pyvfs.pdf (53kB)
[2] the code on github: https://github.com/svinota/pyvfs
--
Peter V. Saveliev