----- Original Message -----
> Hi everyone,
> As you know vdsm has hooks mechanism and we already support dozen of
> hooks for different needs.
> Now it's a network's time.
> We would like to get your comments regarding our proposition for
> network related hooks.
>
> In general we are planning to prepare framework for future support of
> bunch network related hooks.
> Some of them already proposed by Itzik Brown [1] and Dan Yasny [2].
>
> Below you can find the additional hooks list that we propose:
>
> Note: In the first stage we can implement these hooks without any
> parameters, just to provide an entry point
>  for simple hooks.

Will the admin be able to supply a sort of free-text "custom properties" field
which will be passed to the hook?

If so, at what level (in the engine entities) should it be defined?
Host NIC seems to make the most sense as this is where you actually pass this
info, but perhaps it should be defined on a higher level?