On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 08:56:16PM +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 03:04 PM, Adam Litke wrote:

> >>Hi Adam,
> >>
> >>that's quite a big scheme to review.
> >>have you thought about ways to solicit inputs for it?
> >>(maybe schedule per topic reviews of the new scheme/api for VM
> >>operations (virt), network (host level, vm level), storage, sla
> >>policy, etc.)?
> >
> >For the first pass, we are trying to replicate the current API as much as
> >possible.  For subsequent refactoring, I'd expect the discussions to occur in
> >the community around the patches that are implementing the proposed changes.
> >

> I think it would be worth highlighting these patches on mailing
> list, or even do a scheduled discussion/brainstorm around various
> parts for where it should go.

I have been trying to get some attention on it for some time.  I agree it's a
good idea.  I'll be presenting it at the Barcelona workshop as well.  Any other
ideas on how to have a constructive and inclusive mailing list discussion would
be welcomed :)  In the past, it was hard to keep the thread focused and
driving toward consensus.