----- Original Message -----

Hello,

Quantum is just like any other network management technology VDSM can use.

What I would like to see is an interface without any 3rd party dependency of
VDSM to network management technology, aka network management provider.

This interface should specify all services VDSM expects from a network
management technology, such as defining bond, bridge, vlan, interface
configuration, enumeration, events.

Then if we decide to implement a provider using Quantum it will be possible,
exactly as it will be possible to implement a provider based on network manager
or low level.

Of course that there are advantages and features that VDSM may have if using a
provider of specific technology, but the interface it-self should not have any
affiliation with 3rd party component to allow us the flexibility of choice in
future.

Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.