On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 08:22:49AM -0500, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> [...]

No doubt there are plenty of benefits of having less moving parts. But
you seem to ignore the human price of dealing with ioctls directly and
reinventing the nth management wrappers thereof.

Regarding the problem at hand: I did not grasp it yet, but I bet that it
is either a bug in the sequence that we use ifup/ifdown, or a bug in
ifup itself. I'd like to understand how the bug is tickled, and how it
can be fixed.