on 12/04/2012 00:40, Saggi Mizrahi wrote:
Sorry, it's probably the fact that I don't have enough time to go into the code
but I still don't get what you are trying to do.
Having it in HTTP and XML-RPC is a bad idea but I imagine that the theoretical
solution doesn't depend on any of them.

Could you just show some pseudo code of a client using the stream?

In my proposal, HTTP is just for "signaling". The stream data is forwarding back and forth via socket. Could you have a look at http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/10381 ? In this patch I implement the console forwarding based on the previous proposal. You can just run net cat to test it.

nc 127.0.0.1 54321

Then paste the following

POST /VM/paste-your-VM-uuid-here/dev/console HTTP/1.0

Hit enter twice, and you will see

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: BaseHTTP/0.3 Python/2.7.3
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:13:56 GMT

This means the console is OK, hit enter again, and you will see

Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle)
Kernel 3.3.4-5.fc17.x86_64 on an x86_64 (hvc0)

localhost login:

Now you can interact with the remote console as usual.

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟
E-mail: zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com