----- Original Message -----

I am not sure I understand why these two services are related.

As far as I understand svdsm is a total stateless slave without any logic, to
provide privilege escalation to vdsm.
Why does it need to be restarted if vdsm changes state?
I expect it to exist as a separate service (init.d/systemd) and vdsmd to depend
on that service.

What am I missing?