On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:19:45AM +0100, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We are currently documenting the API in vdsmapi-schema.json
> I noticed that we have there documented when a certain element newly
> is introduced using the 'Since' tag.
> However I also noticed that we are not documenting when a field was
> newly added, nor do we update the 'since' tag.
>
> We should start documenting in what version we've introduced a field.
> A suggestion by saggi was to add to the comment for example: @since: 4.10.3
>
> What is your point of view on this?

I do think it's a good idea to add this information.  How about supporting
multiple Since lines in the comment like the following made up example:

##
# @FenceNodePowerStatus:
#
# Indicates the power state of a remote host.
#
# @on:        The remote host is powered on
#
# @off:       The remote host is powered off
#
# @unknown:   The power status is not known
#
# @sentient:  The host is alive and powered by its own metabolism
#
# Since: 4.10.0 - @FenceNodePowerStatus
# Since: 10.2.0 - @sentient
##

Remember that any patch to change the schema format will require changes to
process-schema.py as well.

--
Adam Litke <a...@us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center