Hi,

On 01/19/2013 02:08 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:18:02PM -0500, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 01/17/2013 04:15 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:20:12PM -0500, Itamar Heim wrote:
i tried running nightly engine (well, since 3.2 beta repo still
contains an old version).
>from beta repo i got this vdsm version:
vdsm-4.10.3-4.fc18.x86_64

it doesn't contain latest getHardwareInfo which engine expects[1]
i enabled the nightly repo, expecting a newer vdsm, but nightly has
vdsm versions of vdsm-4.10.3-0.87

I assume -4 in beta isn't getting replaced by -0.87?

Indeed. Nightlies are build from master branch. ovirt-3.2 would be built
>from ovirt-3.2 branch.

then shouldn't master move to a newer version (3.3 for engine soon,
4.11 for vdsm?)

We'd move to 4.11 when we have something substantial - such as basic
amqp binding. 4.10.3 was a special bump for ovirt-3.2. Too bad that it
takes us so long to stabilize ovirt-3.2 and that another bump may be
required to avoid condusion.

so which vdsm version are we using for 3.2 beta?

[1]2013-01-17 15:15:53,222 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.VdsBrokerCommand]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-65) XML RPC error in command
GetHardwareInfoVDS ( HostName =
local_host ), the error was:
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException,<type
'exceptions.Exception'>:method "getVdsHardwareInfo" is
not supported

getVdsHardwareInfo (http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/9258/) has not been
backported to the ovirt-3.2 branch; I do not see that it has even been
proposed. I suppose Yaniv (or someone) should do it.

We still do not have a sane build for ovirt-3.2. On top of
getVdsHardwareInfo we have
    bz 886087  Rest query add storage domain fails on fedora18: missing
/sbin/scsi_id
and http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/10758/ (udev: Race fix- load and trigger
dev rule) that blocks block storage.

I told Douglas today that before these are fixed, there is no hurry for
another build.

agree, but in general we need this build is we were supposed to have
had the beta build by now...

Douglas has built vdsm-4.10.3-5.fc18
with fixes that SHOULD make ovirt-3.2 work with NFS.

I'd appreciate any attempt to test All-in-One and ovirt-node
registration with it.

People that would like to test the new package it's available on updates-testing repo on F18.

# yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install vdsm

--
Cheers
Douglas