Hi,

Alon Bar-Lev píše v Ne 17. 02. 2013 v 15:57 -0500:
> Hello Antoni,
>
> Great work!
> I am very excited we are going this route, it is first of many to allow us to
> be run on different distributions.
> I apologize I got to this so late.
>
> Notes for the model, I am unsure if someone already noted.
>
> I think that the abstraction should be more than entity and properties.
>
> For example:
>
> nic is a network interface
> bridge is a network interface and ports network interfaces
> bound is a network interface and slave network interfaces
> vlan is a network interface and vlan id
>
> network interface can have:
> - name
> - ip config
> - state
> - mtu
>
> this way it would be easier to share common code that handle pure interfaces.
>
> I don't quite understand the 'Team' configurator, are you suggesting a
> provider for each technology?

Team is a new implementation of bonding in Linux kernel IIRC.

> bridge
> - iproute2 provider
> - ovs provider
> - ifcfg provider
>
> bond
> - iproute2
> - team
> - ovs
> - ifcfg
>
> vlan
> - iproute2
> - ovs
> - ifcfg
>
> So we can get a configuration of:
> bridge:iproute2
> bond:team
> vlan:ovs
>
> ?
>
> I also would like us to explore a future alternative of the network
> configuration via crypto vpn directly from qemu to another qemu, the idea is
> to have a kerberos like key per layer3(or layer2) destination, while
> communication is encrypted at user space and sent to a flat network. The
> advantage of this is that we manage logical network and not physical network,
> while relaying on hardware to find the best route to destination. The
> question is how and if we can provide this via the suggestion abstraction.
> But maybe it is too soon to address this kind of future.

Isn't it better to separate the two goals and persuade qemu developers to
implement TLS for migration connections?

David

> For the open questions:
>
> 1. Yes, I think that mode should be non-persistence, persistence providers
> should emulate non-persistence operations by diff between what they have and
> the goal.
>
> 2. Once vdsm is installed, the mode it runs should be fixed. So the only
> question is what is the selected profile during host deployment.
>
> 3. I think that if we can avoid aliases it would be nice.
>
> 4. Keeping the least persistence information would be flexible. I would love
> to see a zero persistence mode available, for example if management interface
> is dhcp or manually configured.
>
> I am very fond of the iproute2 configuration, and don't mind if administrator
> configures the management interface manually. I think this can supersede the
> ifcfg quite easily in most cases. In these rare cases administrator use ovirt
> to modify the network interface we may consider delegating persistence to
> totally different model. But as far as I understand the problem is solely
> related to the management connectivity, so we can implement a simple
> bootstrap of non-persistence module to reconstruct the management network
> setup from vdsm configuration instead of persisting it to the distribution
> width configuration.
>
> Regards,
> Alon Bar-Lev

David Jaša, RHCE

SPICE QE based in Brno
GPG Key:     22C33E24
Fingerprint: 513A 060B D1B4 2A72 7F0D 0278 B125 CD00 22C3 3E24