On 01/03/2013 15:58, Adam Litke wrote:
On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 12:51 -0500, Doron Fediuck wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Itamar Heim" <ih...@redhat.com>
To: vdsm-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:39:21 PM
Subject: [vdsm] VDSM - top 10 with patches with no activity for more than 30
days

thoughts on how to trim these?
(in openstack gerrit they auto-abandon patches with no activity for a
couple of weeks - author can revive them back when they are relevant)

   preferred_email             | count
   ----------------------------+------
   fsimo...@redhat.com         | 34
   smizr...@redhat.com         | 23
   lvro...@linux.vnet.ibm.com  | 13
   ewars...@redhat.com         | 12
   wu...@linux.vnet.ibm.com    | 12
   x...@linux.vnet.ibm.com     | 11
   shao...@linux.vnet.ibm.com  | 6
   li...@linux.vnet.ibm.com    | 6
   zhshz...@linux.vnet.ibm.com | 6
   shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com  | 5

Review day? Anyone thinks a monthly review day will
help?

We've discussed this in the past and part of the reason for the backlog
is that folks like Saggi and Federico like to use gerrit to store
work-in-progress patches that don't need review.  They may not be
working on those patches at the moment but want them in gerrit for them
to come back to.  If we want to allow this use of gerrit then we will
always have some stale patches lying around.

I think a private github is a better place for soemthing which gets no attention for so long. personally i'd like to make sure patches do get attention, and having old ones is cluttering. I like openstack auto-abandon approach. i think a patch with no activity for more than 30 days should be auto abandoned. its trivial to get it back to life after that (openstack are much harsher than this actually)